Where We Serve
E3V Overseas Headquarters
Our “overseas headquarters” is Guatemala. Providentially, Garry was led to start his “retirement ministry” in Guatemala. At the outset, he simply formed a “heart and handshake” fraternal missions partnership with the President of the Convencion de Iglesias Bautistas de Guatemala (CIBG). That “fellowship in the Gospel” has continued to this today. In 2015 Garry led the Tennessee Baptist Mission Board and the CIBG to sign a formal partnership agreement, with E3V as the liaison between the two conventions. More recently, The missions leadership of the Georgia Baptist Mission Board has asked E3V to facilitate partnerships between Georgia baptist churches and churches in several Latin American countries. E3V has connected over 60 Southern Baptist churches to form partnerships with baptist churches in Guatemala and 7 other Latin American countries (Mexico, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, Colombia). E3V works closely with the leadership of the respective national convention leadership as we connect churches from the USA and Latin American baptist churches.
The countries where we serve are lands of stark contrasts:
- Hot tropical jungle rain forests and cool volcanic mountains.
- Luscious coastal citrus farms and world-class highland coffee plantations.
- Colorful church traditions and tragic spiritual darkness.
- Poverty and malnutrition intersects beauty.
- Violence and crime meet warmth and friendliness and openness.
- “Christianity” is widely known but Christ is largely unknown.
- Media takes the Bible everywhere, but few have ever been personally witnessed to by a Christian disciple.