Praying for Missions
Sign Up to Receive Specific Prayer Requests from E3 Volunteers
Scriptural Principles of Praying for Missions
- “For God, whom I serve in my spirit in the preaching of the gospel of His Son, is my witness as to how unceasingly I make mention of you, always in my prayers making request, if perhaps now at last by the will of God I may succeed in coming to you. For I long to see you so that I may impart some spiritual gift to you, that you may be established;” – Romans 1:9-11 (NASB)
Pray that you may be able to go on one of our trips or that you may be able to give so that someone else can go.
- “But that you also may know about my circumstances, how I am doing, Tychicus, the beloved brother and faithful minister in the Lord, will make everything known to you.” – Ephesians 6:21 (NASB)
Pray for the spiritual and physical health; the physical safety; and the emotional encouragement of our missionaries and staff.
- “praying at the same time for us as well, that God will open up to us a door for the word, so that we may speak forth the mystery of Christ, for which I have also been imprisoned; that I may make it clear in the way I ought to speak.” – Colossians 4:3-4 (NASB)
Pray for doors of opportunities for volunteers and our Guatemalan partners to share the Gospel and minister in ways that make clear the love of Christ.
- “I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mine making request for you all with joy, for your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ;” – Philippians 1:3-6
Pray that God will make fruitful every ministry activity, that every participant will trust God to work in them and through them, and that every worker will be sensitive to the Holy Spirit in order to see where God is working and be obedient to join Him.
- “Finally, brethren, pray for us that the word of the Lord will spread rapidly and be glorified, just as it did also with you; and that we will be rescued from perverse and evil men; for not all have faith. But the Lord is faithful, and He will strengthen and protect you from the evil one.” – 2 Thessalonians 3:1-3 (NASB)
Pray that God will protect team members and all leaders from every opposition and threat.